Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Some Things of Note and Ultrasound Pictures

Lots of local people have asked me about visitors... I'm all for visitors but not until the week of August 5th since my husband will be sitting shiva here. I would prefer not to have huge crowds of people here at once, but I'm all for having company since I do so love attention! Feel free to email me if you want more details. Please note that I'm not offended if you have neither the time nor the inclination, I am merely responding to the inquiries I have received.

My husband's father's funeral is finally set for tomorrow at 2pm in New Hampshire. He's flying out tomorrow morning and coming home in the late evening. Thank you to everyone who has sent such kind words and condolences our way. Your thoughts are much appreciated. It is very difficult for me to watch Seth learning how to react to this change in his life as I struggle to consider my own parents' eventual mortality (as LJ so eloquently put it). God willing, I will not learn for many decades how I will react to this kind of a loss.

I am happy to report that this morning I had only one contraction whille monitoring. Go me! I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've been trying to use biofeedback techniques that I use for migraines when I start noticing contractions... I think it actually helps. I remain more and more convinced that if I had a normal singleton pregnancy I could totally do the drug-free birth. I haven't lost hope for a vaginal triplet delivery either... though I don't know how long I'll be able to get away without losing that hope and I know they'll at least make me have the epidural in place even if there are no drugs running through it.

And on to pictures!!

Here lies Baby A. Baby A, the little beast, is firmly lodged against my cervix and spends plenty of time reminding me of this fact, normally head-butting me, but often punching me with a fist. REPEATEDLY. I do not like it, sam I am. I do not like it at all! Yesterday, babies A and B were fighting like mad with each other. It was like watching a boxing match, only slightly less choreographed. Baby A is definitely on my list, though. I'm going to be holding a grudge for at LEAST a minute after the delivery. So there.






Here lies Baby B. Baby B is the good one. Except yesterday he (RANDOM pronoun there... We DON'T know sexes!) was punching his sibling, so now I'm not so sure. Baby B and Baby C spent a lot of time kicking me, and they love to kick things off my big belly. For example, I tend to rest my mouse on my belly while I have my laptop in my ever-shrinking lap, and they will literally kick the mouse off. Sometimes it's a team effort, but I think baby B is a little stronger than Baby C. Or maybe just better positioned with more leverage. Who knows? Anyway, for the most part, Baby B behaves. He (STILL A RANDOM PRONOUN) is always the one willing to pose for the sonographer and always lets us get a really good look at his heart. Clearly, Baby B takes after ME since he is so cooperative. Somehow, I am not certain that I have convinced my husband of this certainty... Ah well.


And here lies Baby C. I think Baby C is blowing a Spit Bubble which makes Baby C a serious trouble maker. Definitely Baby C takes after J. I HATE SPIT BUBBLES! Babies B and C are usually the ones that fight, but yesterday, Baby C was quite content all by himself (SERIOUSLY, people, it's a RANDOM PRONOUN). Anyway, Baby C had all sorts of space since Babies A and B were dueling down below. It was kind of funny, actually!










And, the picture I've been waiting 6 months for! All three heads in a row! They are all head down, which is why I'm totally NOT giving up hope for a vaginal delivery. Without drugs! It totally CAN happen! I'm telling you! Seriously! I'm seriously going for it. If, you know, I make it that far. I have to get to 34 weeks for them to agree to it. So here I lay, hating bed rest, but very grateful that it seems to be doing what it's supposed to be doing! Keeping those babies on the INSIDE.



And that's pretty much all the news for now. I hope you're all well. I'll catch up on blogs in a bit!

30 comments:

Marie-Baguette said...

Those are adorable pictures and I loved your description of the babies! I am so glad the contractions stopped. Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

I am blown away! B'sha'ah tova!

LJ said...

That baby C, what a troublemaker! You listen to your mom and stay put in your corner for the next 10 weeks.

Dr. Grumbles said...

I love the spit bubble!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Karen.

And those pictures are beautiful! Stay in there kids, it's warm and dark and cozy.

Linda said...

It'll be a lot of fun for you to read that again when your kids are one or two years old. Sometimes I remember what I thought about my Baby A and Baby B back then. It's cool.

Did you get any weights? I was always curious about how much mine weighted.

Sunny said...

I love love love the pictures. The heads are just precious!

Anonymous said...

What biofeedback techniques do you use?

I'm sorry you won't be able to fulfill the role during the shiva that you otherwise would. You can still coordinate and direct a lot, though. I hope things go smoothly and are comforting to your husband.

Anonymous said...

I love the 3 little heads!

You know, if anyone could do a vaginal triplet delivery without drugs, I know you could!

I am glad all is going well with the little ones. I wish your husband and his family lots of peace in the next week or so.

Watson said...

First, I am sorry for your loss, you and your husband are in my thoughts.

I cannot believe how adorable and truly amazing those pics are - wow!

And I have to say I think you are SO awesome for wanting a vag birth and knowing you can do it, even naturally.

I so hope that happens for you! I know I'm trying to hope and plan for that with my twins, while staying sort of 'unattached' to what actually happens if that makes any sense.

But if you think you can do it, you totally can. I know many stars have to align, as my doctor says, but my wish is that for you they do!

pam said...

so, do you know the sexes? kidding, kidding! ha ha.

what cute babies, i love the spit bubble one, even though they gross me out too. somehow, when a fetus does it, it's cute. heh.

good job on no contractions! :)

Jackie said...

My most sincere condolences to you, your husband and his family.

Thanks so much for sharing the ultrasound pictures and stories relating the antics of the little guys/gals within. It's so heartwarming...I'm thinking of you all and hoping the little ones will hang on until the time is right.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is really something to see! So cool!

decemberbaby said...

Gorgeous lil' guys (random pronoun)! I love the shot of the three heads in a row - it really hits me over the head with the fact that you've got three in there! Aye Carumba!

Malky B. said...

great sono photos. so happy all is well in there. I especially love the one with the three heads. so cute.

hadjare said...

I think baby c is a girl. Will they be able to tell which baby is which when they are born?

Casey's trio said...

The babies look great! Thanks for sharing the ultrasound pictures:) So happy to hear that you had a calm day on the contraction front....keep on keepin' on

Anonymous said...

Hee! Baby C is not blowing a spit bubble- that is a cross section of the umbilical cord as it floats near his/her face. If you turn the picture upside down it looks kind of like a cross between and happy face and a smiling frog... represents the 3 vessels of the cord. Adorable though- all 3 of them!

Matt said...

Holy crap. A vaginal triplet delivery with no drugs???

I'm still rooting for 34 weeks!

You are my new hero.

Stephanie said...

What incredible pictures! I love your attitude. I know your babies will have a fun mama. Best of luck for making it to 34 weeks. You can do it!!

twirl said...

I was all set to tell you how fantastic that "spit bubble" shot was and then I saw the three heads. That is just perfect. I love it!

Chris said...

I am in awe of their three little heads all in a row - wow wow wow!

10 more weeks little ones! You can do it!

Natalie said...

That is just the coolest thing I've seen, maybe ever. Three babies, you are very very fortunate:-) And the kicking your mouse off your belly, that killed me!

dmarie said...

What cuteness with the 3 of them all lines up!

nickoletta100 said...

I was on vacation so I am just catching up! WOW, your weekend was eventful! So sorry about S's dad. :( Glad the 3 wee ones are doing well and posing for pics. Super glad you are doing wellish (as can be expected)

Lolly said...

I have been following your pregnancy and I am anxiously awaiting the birth of your precious babies. Check out my latest post where I mentioned you. :)

Changing Expectations said...

I am glad to hear that all is well. You are a rock star. Seriously, I am impressed - three babies all in there and kicking the mouse themselves to boot!

Your first step in parenting triplets! No fighting in there!

hammygirl said...

The picture of all three... Just... Wow! Breathtaking!

Glad you're doing well. Sounds like you're going to have more than a handful. ;)

KarenO said...

I'm so glad you 4 are doing so well! It's just a thought, and maybe you've done so already, but that mouse-being-kicked-off-your-tummy-by-the-babies would make a really good home-movie! Just think how much fun they'll have over that when they're young, and then you can get back at them at their barmitzvah or marriage or something (not sure if you do that kind of thing at a Jewish celebration - please accept my apologies if this is in poor taste!)

Thanks for sharing the sonar pictures - your children look beautiful :)

In and Out of Luck said...

Mazel Tov! They're so clear!