Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Don't Freak Out!

Apparently I freaked out Jess today by not being as available on IM as I usually am, or at any of the usual times. And I hadn't posted or emailed her. And you know, things haven't all been going swimmingly with me recently, so this led her to the natural conclusion that there was the vague possibility that I'd ended up back in the hospital and frankly, she'd had a shitty enough day that this was news she simply could not and would not tolerate. So there. She sent me an email around 9:30 saying "Where in All of heck are you?" among other things.

So here I am. I'm okay. I'm very slow to respond to email these days in part because emailing and lying down are sometimes mutually exclusive. I wasn't on IM most of the day because I wasn't feeling great but also because my computer was being super-finicky and ticking me off and because I had a doctor's appointment. I solemnly promise that tomorrow when things have calmed down a bit, I'll give Jess my password for my blogger account and I will call her if I have to be admitted to the hospital and can't post. She will post for me, if she's willing (and I'm assuming she will be), okay?

One bit of warning... my husband will be sitting Shiva for a week starting this Thursday. My guess is that my online presence during that week will be somewhat diminished. SO DON'T FREAK OUT. I made my doctor promise me that there would be no disasters while my husband is sitting shiva. He's a trustworthy doc, so I can't imagine he was just humoring me, right? Er...

Anywhozit, I saw the doctor today, and the good news is that my cervix is still stable, so no cerclage. The less good news is that I'm still having contractions between auto-doses of the terbutaline pump... not so many that anyone's super concerned, but enough that it seems like the baseline dose probably needs to be increased, but I'm not so much looking forward to the increased side effects. But whatever it takes to keep these babies cooking a little longer!! The not good news was that I lost 6 pounds in a week. While on bed rest for crying out loud! Now, normally a girl of my girth would be jumping for joy at a 6 pound loss. Except, well, I'm not allowed to jump. And um, while my doctor wasn't fretting about me not gaining any weight... they don't love seeing a 6 pound loss in a week either. So I have to shape up, darnit! And take an extra prenatal vitamin, apparently. And, you know, not lose another 6 pounds this week. Since I have no idea how I lost that weight, I also don't know how to avoid doing it again, so this ought to be fun.

I'm slowly catching up on blogs... but I'm not commenting nearly enough. Very sorry!!

11 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Just take care of yourself. And yes, it's a good idea to have Jess update. We're a bunch of worriers :-) I meant warriors--yes, warriors sounds more positive.

littleangelkisses said...

Take care of yourself. We understand, your babies are much more important than updating us. It is a good idea to have Jess update though.

Leah said...

I've been sucky at commenting too, but please know that I've read every word of your recent posts. Hopefully LJ told you we toasted you at dinner on Sunday, you were missed.

Glad to hear that your cervix is behaving. Sorry that the contractions are not. Think the monster who has been punching your cervix for a few months might have anything to do with the rumble going on in there?

In the cruelest of all twists, how about losing 6 lbs and getting grief about it? Amazing. Stop doing whatever it was that you had no idea you were or were not doing! Yeah, clear as mud.

Email me or comment on my blog or send smoke signals or whatever you need to do if you required ANYTHING while you are laid up. You know I live close.

Hang in there, take care of the monsters, and please give my condolences to your husband.

LJ said...

Well, you know I feel the same. You should just have a code on your blog, like a terror alert, but funny. I mean, the terror alerts are a joke, but you know what I mean.

That way, when we look at your site, it can be green for good to go or whatever :)

Chris said...

Thanks for the update, both good and not so good news. Hope you're feeling good!

Sunny said...

Take it easy you crazy woman!!!

decemberbaby said...

A tub of Ben & Jerry's a day keeps the weight loss away... right?

Mindy said...

Just wanted to say good luck and I hope those contractions stop, stop, stop! Take care.

Natalie said...

Glad things are as ok as they can be and the babies are cooking a bit longer. Feel free to ignore all of us though - this is all about you and these babies. Not us freaks wondering what happened that you didn't post.

Anonymous said...

Why are you have auto-doses anyway? Wouldn't incorporating the auto-doses into the basal make things go more smoothly? You'd then have continuous delivery, with no spikes to cause jitters and no time in between to allow more contractions. Isn't that the point of such pumps? You'd only need to bolus for breakthrough contractions.

Did you perhaps lose weight because your access to food, your ability to retrieve it, is now limited? What are you eating these days? And anyway, doesn't your weight fluctuate by a few pounds anyway due to water and GI material?

Anonymous said...

Decemberbaby said exactly what i was thinking - ICE CREAM!!