Friday, March 30, 2007

Withdrawal, Insanity, and more Exhaustion

OMG what was I thinking? Why did I think I could get through an entire week (almost) without an ultrasound? Why oh why did I let Shady Hell graduate me on Tuesday? I should have begged to come back on Friday! I can do this. I can. I only have to get through to Monday, when I see the perinatologist who will also be doing an ultrasound. It's all good. I'll make it, right?

I never thought I would be this high maintenance. I wasn't in my last pregnancy. Then again, my last pregnancy didn't involve the "T" word. Nor had I ever had a miscarriage. I despise being high maintenance. But see, I'm starting to think how wonderful triplets would be (terrifying and exhausting, yes, but still... wonderful, right?), and that is bad. It means I'll be sad if something happens to one or more of them. I'm getting attached which is no good at all. I am absolutely not far enough along to get attached.

I got freaked out the other day, because there's a due date calculator out there somewhere (I'd link to it, but I've purposely forgotten where it is) that will not only calculate your conception and due date, but it will calculate your expected due date if you're expecting twins, triplets, or quads, and then it goes on to calculate what date you enter the second and third trimesters, what date range you can have CVS, amniocentesis, glucose tolerance test, and other tests. So it has calculated my expected due date for triplets at September 19. I really need to stop googling. I should be stopped! Back away from the computer now!

I fell asleep at 8pm last night. Before J went to sleep, even. Poor S... it looks like he's going to be on bedtime duty for a long time. I feel awful because S works long and hard and already takes more than his fair share of kid and household duties, and I'm being a complete slacker and I just can't help it. I fell asleep during dinner, which is how I knew I wasn't going to be able to stay up for bath and bed time. I'm having a hard time staying comfortable at night though, so I'm waking up a lot. I woke up at 1, 1:40, 2:30, 3, 3:15, 4:40 and 5 last night (times are approximate). The stupid cat seemed to think it was fine for her to be taking up half of the bed, which didn't help matters. Eventually I kicked her off and she stormed away in a huff. Poor thing.

I'm still ravenously hungry, but unable to keep much food down. I'm about to get a banana, which seems to be the one fruit I can eat without getting queasy. I've lost so much weight, I've actually gone down a size in pantyhose. Astounding. Not that I expect that to last, nor would I want it to. And I'm still guargantuan, but at least now I've got an excuse, right? One of the multiples stories I read said that when she went to her OB at 10 weeks she was already in maternity clothes and her doctor said "either you're having twins or you've got your dates wrong." I cannot imagine needing to be in maternity clothes two weeks from now. I'm still fat, but definitely not showing the pregnancy.

I'm all kinds of babble right now, so I'll stop. Besides, I've got deadlines that I need to meet today.

2 comments:

Thalia said...

Hang in there. I'm sure it's fine for your husband to be doing more for your foster son. It's not going to be forever and it's not that you are slacking - goodness sake woman, you've got three babies in there!

The calculator is at http://www.ivf.ca/calcu.htm

decemberbaby said...

I'm with thalia... you're growing three entire humans inside you. It's totally ok that you can't pull your usual share of the child-rearing duties right now.