Friday, March 30, 2007

Unacceptable!

My Coke tastes funny to me. I remember last time I was pregnant lots of things tasted weird to me, but certainly never Coke.

This is unacceptable. It is absolutely ridiculously unbelievably unacceptable for the nectar of the gods to taste funny. I know I shouldn't be drinking it, but I love it. And I really need a little caffeine today. I am allowed 300mg of caffeine per day. I drink one Coke per day, which is WELL below that limit. And besides, it's keeping me from feeling like I'm going to throw up imminently.

And now it tastes funny! UNACCEPTABLE!

Edited to Add: While it may, at first glance, seem perfectly reasonable to suggest Pepsi as an alternative... I must say... YECH! I am a Coke-loving Pepsi-hater! You'd think I was from Atlanta or something (I'm not). Coke is the nectar of the gods! Pepsi does not compare! And if somehow I discovered that Pepsi tasted perfectly fine during this pregnancy, I'm not sure how I'd look at myself in the mirror every morning. So I will forgive the transgression of December Baby this once, since I had obviously not made it clear how important Coke is to me! But for future reference, there is only ONE TRUE COKE! (and none of that nutrasweet crap will do, by the way)

10 comments:

decemberbaby said...

Maybe Pepsi tastes less funny? :-P

carrie said...

To me, Coke in a can tastes different than Coke in a cup (you know, from a restaurant/ fast food place). You could try the other and maybe it will be its usual DEElicious self. However, I will say that it sucks that your favorite thing tastes weird. Coke is one of the only things that makes me feel better when nauseous, and I would be equally horrified if I couldn't/didn't want to drink it.

Watson said...

Oh. My. God.

I am THIS close to getting on a plane, coming to MD, and snatching that Coke from your hands.

I have been on this damn fluid restriction for over TWO weeks now, just drinking 1 liter of Gatorade a day. And that's all.

And I swear, I've been dreaming of a nice, ice cold Coke. We keep them in the fridge at work and I stare longlingly at the beautiful red cans.

Mmmmmmmmm.

[mouth watering]

I hope your taste for them comes back!!

Anonymous said...

I agree. Pepsi isn't an acceptable option for anything. Except cleaning the toilet. Pour it in, let it sit and the citric acid and stuff does the rest. You could do the same thing with Coke, but since it is nectar of the gods, you wouldn't want to flush any of it!

Have you tried Coke in the little glass bottles? Maybe it would taste ok.

decemberbaby said...

I stand corrected.

kirby said...

Maybe the KLP Coke will be better? Or maybe it was KLP coke you were drinking?

Anyhoo. I'm a Pepsi person myself. But it must really be rough without something you can count on. Maybe it'll be better by the time Pesach is over?

Other than that, how's things?

Baby Blues said...

Next to coffee, giving up my Coca.cola will be difficult for me too. Maybe the familiar comfortable taste will come back eventually.

Anns said...

Coke kicks Pepsi's ass any day of the week, and non of that Diet Coke or Zero nonsense... it's gotta be Coke the good old fashioned way.

Try drinking it from a can... or a bottle... or a soda fountain. I've always found a difference between the 3... perhaps your babies are making you more sensitive now.

Anns xo

JJ said...

I just stumbled over here from BB and wanted to offer a late congrats for your great news--yay 3 babies! Best of luck with your pregnancy, and I hope coke tastes normal to you again SOON!

Leah Goodman said...

Yes, the KLP tastes totally different (sugar instead of corn syrup). Hopefully you can enjoy one of the two...

I found the coke in the USA a big disappointment after the sugar-only of Israel. I stuck with Dr. Pepper and iced tea most of my trip to the USA (but that was only weeks 11-14)