Wednesday, December 27, 2006

CD1? Who the heck knows.

I don't know if I ever blogged about it or not, but I had a period on December 1st. That was followed by an appointment with Dr. Amazing (I know I blogged about that part), who agreed that my timeline really can't sit around waiting, so he recommended five days of provera starting December 18th in hopes of bringing on CD1 around Christmastime and getting started with a new cycle sooner than later. No problem.

On December 14th (aka CD14), I had a vague notion that maybe (for the first time in years) I was ovulating (without medical assistance). Now, clearly this was some ridiculous fantasy, because, well, this is ME we're talking about. Nevertheless, I held out a teeney bit of romantic hope that it was true. On the 18th, I had my progesterone levels tested to see if I could start Provera. My P4 levels came back giving me the go-ahead to start Provera, meaning that no, I had not ovulated on my own. (Well, duh!) And so, I commenced taking Provera. Which is evil, as we all know.

Friday (12/22) was my last dose. Friday morning I began spotting. Spotting was still present on Saturday. This is an unusually quick turnaround for provera, as it usually takes 3-7 days to bring on a period after stopping it. By Sunday, there was nothing. Nada. No spotting. Yesterday it was back. Last night, it was constant enough and continued into this morning, so I decided to randomly call today CD1. Accordingly, I scheduled my Day 3 ultrasound/bloodwork for Friday at 7am. And now I'm back to nothing. Nada. Zilch. No spotting, no bleeding. And not certain what to do. I don't typically have spotting before my period (not that I have that many, so what do I know?)... it just tends to start up all of a sudden. In fact, the only other time I've had spotting was when I found out I was pregnant. I had what I thought was a really odd period, and I went in for what I thought was Day 3 US/BW, and found out I was pregnant, whereupon the spotting turned into actual bleeding and continued that way for the next three months until I had a miscarriage.

So I'm really not certain what to think. Should I cancel my Day 3 appointment? Or should I just call it close enough and go anyway and let them figure out if I screwed up? BTW, I have no illusions that I'm pregnant. I'm certain that I am not, and besides that, I have peed on a bunch of sticks just in case, so no need to waste keystrokes suggesting I might be preggers, because I'm not.

What to do, what to do...?

1 comment:

My Reality said...

I say keep the appointment. Hopefully, you will have started bleeding by then and if not, maybe they can figure out what is going on.