Thursday, December 28, 2006

get over yourself

First: I decided to go ahead and keep my appointment tomorrow and continue under the delusion that yesterday was Day 1. I did eventually have enough, ahem, well, you know, going on that I think I can make a reasonable claim that yesterday had full flow, even though today it's all gone again. Whatever. Anyway, I think the point is for some reason I feel like I need to be at CD1. It's important to me to feel like I've moved on. For whatever reason, getting my period December 1 didn't make me feel like I'd moved on from the miscarriage... it felt like one step backward, because it was too soon to deal with a new IUI cycle (my hCG had only just bottomed out and I hadn't finished getting my infectious disease testing and all that re-done). Something just isn't sitting right with me.

Second: I'm not quite sure what my deal is or why I can't just get over myself like I should, but I'm really having bad days lately. And nothing is going on to make them especially bad. I just feel like I'm having a rotten day. It's obvious I'm a bit blue... but what to do about it? I don't feel depressed, per se, and I don't think this is anything but a transient feeling, so I don't see the need to go on antidepressants, but gawd I really need to get over myself.

Third: I still can't get out of my head thoughts that we'll just never achieve baby-status. Then I can't stop thinking about our foster son... we've had him for two years and it looks like we'll likely have him for the rest of his childhood and adolescence. He's three now. But... his birth monster could theoretically come back at any time and petition to have him returned to her. And I know that's her theoretical plan (though it's been her theoretical plan for a LONG time and she's never done anything about it). She hasn't seen him in over 8 months, nor has she called, written, sent a card, acknowledged his birthday, worried about him when he's sick (she wouldn't know he's sick if she doesn't call, right?), emailed, asked for a picture, or sent smoke signals in all that time. And I keep thinking about her taking him back and whenever I go down that road, I burst into tears, because MY GOD how could a woman NOT want to know everything about this sweet, precious, beautiful boy? How could a woman NOT want to know how tall he is, what his favorite food is, what his favorite color is, whether he likes dogs, if he's sick, what size he's wearing, how much his personal lexicon has expanded (exponentially, that's for sure)? How could she not spend every waking moment wondering about him? I used to feel sorry for her. I used to imagine how hard it must be to be in her position. Now I think she's selfish and cruel. She says she loves him. She says she wants him back. But she doesn't even know that he needs lactaid milk or soy milk instead of regular milk. And she doesn't know that if you don't read his stories in the right order at bedtime he won't go to bed. And she just... doesn't even appear to care.

Fourth: Tomorrow, being my Day 3 baseline ultrasound and bloodwork, also known as the day I get to resume sticking myself with a needle every night ought to feel like a step toward progress. But it doesn't feel that way. I feel like I'm now just going through the motions because I don't know what else to do with myself. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

No comments: