Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Welcome To The World...

It is my distinct pleasure to introduce to you all with much fanfare...

KAREN'S BABIES!!

Baby Boy 'A'
Born 9:45ish
Eighteen Inches
Three lbs. Twelve oz.

Baby Girl 'B'
Born 9:45ish
Seventeen Inches
Three lbs. Twelve oz.

Baby Girl 'C'
Born 9:45ish
Sixteen Inches
Two lbs. Eleven oz.

After sitting for like, what seemed like fourteen excruciating hours in a chemotherapy treatment room, patiently waiting, with not only my cell phone, but also my husbands cell phone AND my laptop in my lap. I thought I was going to have a ginormous nervous breakdown if I didn't hear from Seth or Karen herself very soon. Knowing full well that the surgery could have been bumped by somebody of higher importance (who could POSSIBLY be more important though??) I tried to rationalize that all was totally fine. I got home from chemo, got Jonny settled, and my au pair mentions to me that Seth called... OMG. WHAT??!?!?! WHEN!!! WHAT DID HE SAY!?!?!?!?!? She tell me that he really didn't say much, and that he sounded kind of "bored"(!!!!), not like she would have expected the man who just had three babies to sound. I was utterly LOST. He didn't leave a MESSAGE?!?!? Nope. No message, just told you to call him. UGH. Did he say if Karen was ok? Nope. Ok. cool.

Proceeded to call Seth. No answer. Called Karen's old room. No answer. Called The hospital, KAREN WASN'T IN A ROOM YET. (this was at 2pm) This was when the nursing end of me kicked in and freaked out. WHY THE HELL ISN'T SHE IN A ROOM? The operator had NO answer for me. I hung up. Sat on the floor and thought about crying, knew it would do me NO good, and figured I'd try calling Seth ONE more time. He answered. Thank You.
I know he couldn't hear the panic in my voice, but if it had been Karen, she would've laughed at me. Because that whole scenario I just played out for you?? Totally me. It's completely what I do. And it's completely what Karen has done to me throughout this entire pregnancy, so I'm not surprised that this is what she did today... She stays calm, I freak out enough for both of us... It's fine.

Anyway!! The babies!! Karen!! Ahh!! So good!! Perfect even... Seth wasn't completely positive of the time of birth, so lets just go with a round a bout 945ish eh? He said Dr. Mattias did the delivery, Karen was at ease with having her spinal placed, and as we spoke it was beginning to wear off...The babies were all adorable (of course!) He was only sure that Baby 'A' had hair... Not too sure of the others yet... All of them are on supplemental oxygen, TPN through an IV in their belly button, and no really huge interventional stuff right now. Karen was able to see the kiddos in the OR, but has yet to check them out up close. She was still in the PACU due to a lack of beds on the main floor.

I'm still planning on heading up to see everyone tomorrow... I'm hoping to come home with all kinds of fun pictures to share!!

Yay Karen, Seth, & a Huge Congrats to J on becoming a VERY big Brother!! We love you all!!





53 comments:

Casey's trio said...

Congratulations Karen & Family. I am so happy that the delivery went well and 3 healthy babies are here!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! i have been following your blog for months, and i'm very happy to hear that everything went so smoothly. karen, you are a courageous woman!

anne

Shelby said...

Yeah!! Congrats Karen, Seth and J!! This is such fantastic news!! I'm beyond excited for you, and can't wait to meet the babies!

littleangelkisses said...

OH MY GOODNESS!

Congratulations!! YAYAY!
It will be a long road ahead, but my thoughts are with your whole family!!

Anonymous said...

Mazel tov! Mazel tov! Mazel tov!

Thank you Jessica for the post, the very first screenful of which caused me to begin to weep.

I'm so relieved everyone seems to be doing relatively well!

Catherine said...

Congratulations. I'm glad things went smoothly and that all are here. May they have short and healthy NICU stays!

Anonymous said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! Congratulations!!!!!!
I am soooo BEYOND happy for yall!!
Rest easy Mama.

Cant wait to see those precious babies! Thank you SO much for the update!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to your entire family!

I stumbled onto your blog the week of your BFP, *before* you knew you were having 3 babies. Have checked in regularly since to follow your amazing journey.

ENJOY! ! !

es said...

Wow! Mazel tov x 3!!! Karen I am so happy for you and so happy that you hung in there for so long. May you and your family have much "nachas" from your children!

LJ said...

Hooray! This is just phenomenal news! I can't wait to hear more!!!

Mandy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATIULATIONS! AND... CONGRATULATIONS!
WOW! I feel overwhelmed for Karen. All the best to Karen, Seth and the new arrivals... Can't wait for pics.

Mands xx

hadjare said...

Two girls and a boy! That's so awesome!!! I can't wait to see pictures. :D Congratulations!!!

Twisted Ovaries said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you're all doing well, and so excited for you!

Rachel Inbar said...

Wow! Mazal Tov!!! My husband and I just walked in the door and I ran to the computer to check for an update... 2 girls and a boy - totally amazing! I hope you're feeling well and that you recover quickly from the c-section so that you can start enjoying your babies!

All my best!

Anonymous said...

COngratulations, Karen and family! I can't wait to see pictures.

Leah said...

Horray, horray, horray! Can't wait to meet the little man and ladies. Please send the heartiest and warmest possible congratulations to Seth, Karen and J!

Meghan said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!! So glad that mom and babies are doing well!

Heather said...

Congratulations to the whole family!

Hayley said...

Congratulations to Karen and Family! I am so glad that all of you are okay, and really looking forward to learning more about your new babies!

ms. c said...

Mazel Tov! Mazel Tov!
I am so thrilled to hear that the birth went without a hitch and all the babies seem to be fine. This is just such amazing news.
Mazel Tov again, Karen, Seth and J!! Can't wait to hear form you when you have the time!
(Thanks Jess for all the updates.)

Egged Out said...

Yeah!!! Congrats!

LJ said...

Also - Jessica - first of THANKYOUTHANKYOU for all the updates.

Can you ask Karen if/when she'll take visitors??

dmarie said...

Congrats Karen and family!

Poppy said...

Congratulations to the whole family. Very glad to read that everything appears to have gone well. Thirty-three weeks with triplets is amazing!

Looking forward to seeing photos of the babes and to learn their names.

Again...congrats!

Matt said...

Hooray Karen!!!!

We are all so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I have tears of joy reading this news! Congrats.

I hope the babies continue to do well and they will be home before you know it.

Karen, you are amazing.

Malky B. said...

Mazel Tov x3! I've been checking all day for this post and it's just wonderful news! Hope Karen makes a quick recovery and the babies have a short NICU stay. Can't wait for pictures.

Thalia said...

mazel tov karen, seth and three babies, and foster son. What a wonderful thing to hear about this arrival. really really hope they get off tpn soon, that stuff's a bit nasty isn't it?

Jamie said...

I am so glad they are here! I can't wait to hear more details!

Leah Goodman said...

Mazal Tov! (X 3)
Wish you a quick recovery for Karen and rapid growth and development for the 2 new princesses and the new prince! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures and hear details of the delivery. So glad everything went well!

pam said...

Yay!!!! Happy birthday to the new babies! :) :) :)

Can't wait to hear names and see pictures, and all that good stuff. :)

Kristin said...

Wooohoooo...huge congrats to Karen, Seth, and J on the most miraculous and wonderful additions to their family!

Truck Driver Wife said...

Congrats on some healthy babies.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Yay! Congratulations to Karen and Seth and J--wow, the family just doubled today. And now it's even if they want to break down into teams of boys and girls :-)

Jody said...

Congratulations to Karen, Seth, and J on the new additions! Here's hoping those babies are feeders-and-growers and they're all home with their family VERY SOON!

Two girls and a boy -- an excellent combination, if I do say so myself. :-)

kirby said...

MAZAL TOV! MAZAL TOV! MAZAL TOV!

And a refuah shleimah to Ima.

In and Out of Luck said...

Congratulations!! Mazel Tov, wow, that's so great. I'm so glad they are here.

Sunny said...

I am sosososososo excited~! I hate that I am just getting here. YEAH to those little ones!

Caba said...

Congratulations to you all! Here's to a short and uneventful hospital stay for all 4 of you, and a return to home safe and sound soon!

Changing Expectations said...

Congratulations Karen and Family!!! I am happy to hear that all is well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your whole family!!!!

Lots of love,

Diana

The Amazing Trips said...

Hooray! Congrats on the arrival of your beautiful babies!! I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well!!

BGG - in that exact order? A wonderful combination, indeed!!

Jen
Mom to BGG triplets (in that exact order!)

Dr. Grumbles said...

Congratulations!!! Yay for the newly expanded family!!!

Bea said...

Congrats! So glad everyone made it happy and healthy.

Bea

Cindy said...

Wow! Fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Mazal Tov! Such tearfully joyful news! Can't wait for the updates and pictures!

squarepeg said...

CONGRATS!! I'm so thrilled for you all :)

twirl said...

Congratulations! Very excited and relieved to hear that all is well. Can't wait to hear all about it =)

Erin said...

Wow, two daughters and a son! What a lovely balance for your family! I am so happy that everything went well and that your babies are here and healthy, and I can't wait to hear all about them!

nickoletta100 said...

Congrats to Karen and family!!! What a wonderful day!!!!

hammygirl said...

Congrats!!! Glad everything went well!!!

lucky #2 said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your babies.