Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Like, Ohmigod Karen!

I'm so WICKED excited to tell you all this!! (It's still Jessica btw)

Karen will be having her C-Section TOMORROW MORNING, Wednesday the 19th, at 9am!!

I am beyond excited for her, and when I got off the phone with her, she sounded AWESOME. Totally at peace with the decision and really very gleeful. I know that in her mind she still wants that vaginal delivery, and she'll probably mention it at least 14 times tomorrow before they tell her to be quiet and take out the last baby :) But at least she'll have tried right?

Now, onto the reasoning behind this 'impromptu' delivery. As one of Karen's readers "hadjare" had asked yesterday, the growth of Baby "C" has been a little off for a bit of time. When Karen and I chatted about this last night (since I wanted to be a good guest blogger and answer Hadjare's question) she told me that the last time they scanned her, Baby "C" was still smaller but not so small that it warranted them ending the entire pregnancy on his/her behalf. I asked if they had any other growth ultrasounds planned, and to Karen's knowledge, they didn't. Until today... When they did one. Found out that Baby "C" has now become discordant. They're estimating Baby "A" to be in the mid 4 lb range, Baby "B" to be in the upper 3 lb range, and for Baby "C" to be in the mid 2 lb range. So while with the margin of error being within a pound for the ultrasound, the executive decision was to go ahead and take the kiddos out. Good decision.

The huge news is that tomorrow marks 33 weeks gestation for Karen, Seth, and the Babes... This is huge. I can't express how well Karen has done, how much of a trooper she's been, and how through it all... just HOW awesome she's been. I unfortunately cannot be there tomorrow, I had SO few days that I had made her PROMISE she wouldn't deliver on... Being as defiant as she is, it doesn't surprise me that she did this. But, I'll be waiting VERY patiently with my laptop and both cell phones, waiting for any news from Seth updating all of you. I will be out to the hospital on Thursday to see these beautiful miracles with my own two eyes... I'll bring lots of pictures back, I promise!

Until then, please keep Karen, Seth, J, and all three of these most precious babies in your thoughts and prayers over the next 24 hours. It is SO appreciated!! Updates about the babies to come tomorrow!! YAY!!

38 comments:

dmarie said...

Thanks for the update. Very exciting news and my good thoughts are with her and those precious babies!

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Karen!

Shelby said...

Thanks for the update!! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!! How exciting!!

Caba said...

Sending lots of love and thoughts your way!

Jody said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, too, Karen. I hope Baby C surprises them with his/her size -- it's certainly happened before.

Here's to the shortest hospital stay on record for all those babies, and a super-fast recovery for Karen, too.

Can't wait to hear the news!

Catherine said...

Fantastic news! I'm so glad you've made peace with the decision. Here's to 33 weeks!

Any idea who will be doing the delivery - Dr. P, Dr. G or Dr. M?

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jessica for updating us once again.

Oh, Baby C! The Rosh Hashanah nightmare I had involved Baby C needing to be taken out . . . but the other two being left in to continue cooking!

The plan feels right. I am glad Karen is happy with it. I will continue to be thinking of her, hoping logistics align for a vaginal delivery, but praying that all goes well in any case.

33 weeks! B'sha'ah tovah, Karen.

Anonymous said...

Tons of prayers coming your way. PS: Tell her as soon as they let her get up and walk. It will make the recovery 100 times better if she does it!

Kimberly and the Guinn Trips
www.guinnfamilyhome.com

Jackie said...

Karen, I'm wishing you and the babes all the best for tomorrow morning. We'll be thinking of you!!

Meghan said...

Sending lots and lots of good thoughts for tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you and the babies tomorrow, Karen.

Matt said...

WOOOO HOOOO! I can't wait to hear every juicy detail from you both! :-)

p.s. I'm secretly hoping for 3 boys :-)

Anonymous said...

Go Karen! Tomorrow will be a joyful day- can't wait to welcome the little ones and learn their names, too!
Megan

LJ said...

Karen! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to meet them all, and see your proud mama face!

Casey's trio said...

Karen and family,
The best part of Jess's update was that you are feeling at peace about the scheduled c-section tomorrow! I hope that all goes well and will be waiting anxiously to hear that 3 healthy babies have entered the world. If it means anything, my Baby C was the smallest and she has been the spunkiest girl from the get-go! She is the alpha female in our house and now weighs the most and out muscles her sisters every chance she gets:)

hadjare said...

Babies! Exciting! Before they are born, I feel compelled to throw out my guess for genders -- two boys and one girl.

Can't wait to hear the update. :D

Natalie said...

Yay, so exciting! Here's hoping all 3 do well.

illahee said...

thanks for the update! i have to confess: i was selfishly hoping the babies would come on sept. 20, because that's my birthday!! all kidding aside, best wishes for a safe delivery and speedy recovery for all!

Anonymous said...

what exciting news! I will keep Karen and the babbies in my prayers for a safe and speedy delivery. Can't wait to see pictures of them.

Thalia said...

Oh karen I will be thinking of you today. I do hope it goes wonderfully well.

Rachel Inbar said...

How exciting! I hope everything goes well :-) I'll be sitting here biting my nails (if I have any left by then).

Go Karen!!!

Cindy said...

So excited and so happy!!! Sending LOTS of prayers and love to you, your husband and those precious babies! I cna't wait to see pictures! :)

Whitney said...

Best of luck Karen. I hope all goes smoothly for you and the babies!

Whitney

Jamie said...

Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Good luck today!

Kristen said...

I'll be checking in like a fiend!

pam said...

eeeeeep!!! that's in half an hour! yay, can't wait to hear all about the babies and how it went. oh my gosh!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of Karen - very exciting!

Kristin said...

Oh wow, wow, wow...the three beautiful miracles will be here today! Lots of prayers coming your way Karen, Seth, J, and the little ones.

Suzy said...

GOOD LUCK KAREN!!!!

squarepeg said...

Thanks for the update! Karen we'll all be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you this morning!!! CANT WAIT to hear!!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

I am wishing for the best! Can't wait to read about those triplets!!!

decemberbaby said...

Oh, wow! I can't wait...

Egged Out said...

Wow - this is exciting - you've probably already had the babies - congrats! I am praying for the best for everyone!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Yay! The babies are here, the babies are here. Congratulations, Seth and Karen. Can't wait to see pictures and hear the story.

Chris said...

Congrats to you and your family, Karen! I hope all went well and your little ones are healthy and thriving.

nickoletta100 said...

WOW!!! I am so excited!!!! Thank you so much for keeping us updated. Please give Karen all our love and warm wishes!!!

Marie-Baguette said...

Thanks for the update. My thoughts are with karen and the babies. I am hoping for the best