Monday, February 12, 2007

Trigger Time

Trigger tonight (CD20).

IUI on Wednesday (Valentine's Day, which I find somewhat irrelevant since we don't celebrate Valentine's day, but it's still an interesting coincidence).

I am ambivalent about triggering tonight. I think it's too early, to be honest. I forgot to ask what my E2/LH was, which might have made the difference. If my LH was surging, there may not have been a choice. If my E2 hadn't gone up much, it might have indicated that I did, indeed have only one lead follicle. But I was in the middle of a meeting when my nurse called, so I didn't run through my normal list of questions. Anyway, on the one hand, I fear that it is too early to trigger and that it's a waste of time. But on the other hand, who cares if it's a waste of time? I'm done with IUIs as of Wednesday.

I have scheduled a followup appointment with Dr. Amazing, at his request, to review the IVF protocol going forward. Follow up is this Friday, Feb. 16th. It's sooner than I would have expected, but my only other option was to wait until March 8th, which is after I would have started BCPs, so may as well meet with him sooner rather than later.

Beta will be March 1st. I should start BCPs around March 7th at the latest, assuming I even make it that far (remember that CD3 of this cycle fell on the day that my original Beta for last cycle was scheduled, so it could be I start BCPs earlier.

Oh, I mean, I suppose it's possible I won't start BCPs at all, since, well, this IUI could theoretically work, but that's crazy-talk. So there you have it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does "tonight" mean at a specific time or during a wide window? Perhaps you could trigger on the later end of tonight for a little edge.

For what time Wednesday is the IUI scheduled? Any chance you could do something relaxing afterwards and then follow it up with actual sex that evening?

It's a relief that this will not interfere with your trip and that you will have a few days before you need to travel.

abby said...

Just wanted to say good luck & I'm rooting for ya!

Kellie with an "ie" said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the comment. Your idea about volunteering is a fantastic one. I've been online checking into some opportunities this morning. Also, a couple of other bloggers in my area are interested in starting an IF support group, so I am going to help get that rolling.

I'm wishing you lots of luck with your IUI tomorrow. I'll be checking back hoping for lots of good news from you in the weeks to come.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Now I have a multilated version of MC Hammer's "Stop! Hammer time!" lyric in my head, only "trigger" is inserted over hammer.

Hope this last IUI turns out to be "good" one!