Friday, May 18, 2007

feeling good

Shocking, I know. What an odd kind of post to see coming from me, Mrs. Negativity herself. But here I am. Perky, even. For the first time in over a week, I woke up this morning not feeling sick, with no pounding migraine, and without feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. I feel.... dare I say it? ... human! I don't expect it to last, but golly jeepers this is awesome while it sticks around. I'm being productive. I'm motivated. I have a little (tiny) bit of energy. Finally I don't feel like an ugly, lazy troll. I hardly know what to think, but I'm definitely not complaining!

Yesterday in the ultrasound, one of the babies was hiccuping while we were watching. It was really disturbingly cute. :) Another baby kept doing flips which made it hard to get the heart rate, but s/he eventually calmed down.

I'm still a big chicken, by the way. I haven't left my OB's office, even though I know that's what I should do and it's what I want to do. I'm not good with change, is really the problem. I guess I'll have to get over that long before the triplets get here, because boy will my life be full of changes then!

So yeah. Feeling good. Seriously! No caveats or anything! Go me!

13 comments:

Jackie said...

Hurray! So glad you are feeling well today. Maybe it was your lucky penny I picked up this morning!

megan said...

glad to hear you are feeling better today! i love to hear about what your little ones are doing in there.

also glad to hear that you're getting some attention paid to your migraines. nothing is worse than a migraine when you're not pregnant. i can't imagine what you must be going through. i hope you are able to find a bit of relief soon.

Watson said...

YAY, go you!

I am so glad you're feeling better and I hope it continues...take care sweetie!!

Hopeful Mother said...

Let it continue, I say!

Marie-Baguette said...

so glad you are feeling better. Yep, the first trimester is painful and last into the 2nd trimester... Thinking of you and your triplets. Take good care of yourself

Susan said...

Yes, go you! Glad you are feeling so good.

Kirsten said...

Glad that the migraine subsided for now and I hope that continues. I just read your previous post and can so relate to your statement about being relieved that someone finally takes you serious about migraine pains. I, too, suffer from migraines and I always feel like people think I'm a wimp because they wipe me out...if only they knew.
Sounds like the babies are doing great! I've got a couple of wigglers, too. I'm laying on the couch now and my stomach is doing some crazy things!!!
Hope the good feelings last!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling good today. I hope you don't over do it with your new found energy.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo, glad you are feeling good! I hope the new (old) neurologist has a miracle cure for your migranes.

Keep your eye on those contractions -- you are NOT an alarmist. You've got 3 babies' lives depending on you, so take absolutely every precaution you need to in order to safeguard them. Go to the doctor every 4 days to get checked out if that's what you need to do. If anyone treats you like a worry-wart, tell me and I will go beat them up! :-)

twirl said...

So glad you had a Human Day! I hope there are many more to come.

(isn't it awesome to see them doing human baby things in there?)

Chris said...

I love the baby updates, thank you for that.

So glad you had a good day. Hope there are many more ahead of you!

lisalou said...

Keep up the good work!

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I continue to be amazed at your courage and fortitude with each day in your triplet pregnancy. Not just a triplet pregnancy, but the previa, the migraines, the amazing amount of nausea. I don't think you're a complainer, but ehen you do post a really happy/positive post, I'm all the more glad to read it because I really feel you deserve the best of the best.

The hiccuping baby is TOO cute!