Saturday, April 14, 2007

Because, really... why not?

Really, why wouldn't the universe take each and every opportunity to laugh at me? So I've been spotting pretty consistently for about a week. Maybe more. I'm really trying not to pay much attention. I'm wholly convinced that it's nothing, and the rest of me knows that even if it's something there's not a darned thing to be done about it. But I'm really quite tired of dealing with this. It's not heavy. It's not terribly alarming. It's just enough that I can't sit back and pretend everything's normal and fine.

Oh, and the Zofran is no longer doing a particularly good job. While my nausea no longer is a guarantee of vomitting, it is almost always painful. Yes, painful. Sounds odd, I realize, but that's what it is. A tremendous pain in my gut while I stand there praying not to throw up. Adding Fenergen to the Zofran does little to help, but does send me to sleep, so I suppose it has a bit of a bonus.

Just in case any of you thought the whole pregnancy thing was boring compared to the roller coaster of fertility treatment. Bah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the nausea and spotting go away soon.

Unknown said...

Yuck. The universe needs to give you a break already. Is there an alternative to the Zofran?

Anns said...

Have you seen your Doc about the spotting... what does he/she say?

decemberbaby said...

Ugh, I don't know what to say. I hope the spotting goes away and things get easier.

Jody said...

I hope the nausea goes away soon. Although I bet it won't be soon enough.

The number of women pregnant with triplets or more that I know, who didn't spot for long weeks of their pregnancies, is pretty darn close to zero. But my own anxiety about spotting is what drove me home from a fellowship two months ahead of schedule.

Anonymous said...

argh -- as if you need something elase to deal with! adrienne is right -- the universe really needs to give you a break! i hope the nausea calms down and your spotting disappears soon.

Hopeful Mother said...

Sorry that things are so rough right now...