Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Various and Sundry

First order of Business: Ultrasound tomorrow at 9:15. I'm hoping for good news. Dr. Amazing will be there and I think I'm going to ask him if I can take a baby aspirin every day. No, I don't have a thrombophilia, but good heavens, my migraines are out of control. Again. And the aspirin, while not a cure, ought to bring the severity down a bit. At least a teeney bit. Or maybe not at all, but I can dream, right? My hope is that we'll see a gestational sac tomorrow, but it's doubtful that there will be a visible fetal pole, so there's not a lot of information to be gained from this ultrasound, but at least it's something, right?

Second order of business... I forgot to write that the day of my first beta, I embarrassingly ran into a friend of mine at Shady Hell. She was there for her first Day 3 monitoring appointment for IUI w/injectibles cycle. I was there for a beta, but I sure as hell wasn't going to tell her that. It's the first time I've ever run into someone I know, and this was a pretty random person that I don't see too often. She seemed pretty mortified, to be honest, which is why I say it was embarrassing. I mean, it's no secret to most of the free world that I'm a fertility patient, but I'm fairly certain she wasn't terribly keen on the world knowing about her.

I'm tired of keeping count of orders of business, so I'll just continue with an update. I thought the bleeding I'd been having had subsided entirely, but I was incorrect. I'm still spotting, particularly late in the day. This is very similar to the brief hiatuses I would have in my last pregnancy... I would go several days with only spotting that was most noticeable late in the day. Then it would come back full force for a week, and so on. Spotting/bleeding I can handle. Cramping I am less thrilled about. I do not like it one bit and I am not appreciating it. I would like it to stop now, please. This is most aggravating because I have a 40 pound three year old monster who is extraordinarily clingy. Unfortunately, picking him up is often required if I want to get anywhere or not listen to heart-breaking screams, but picking him up often causes me intense pain. If this pregnancy makes it into the second trimester, I don't know WHAT I'm going to do.

I do have a few possible-pregnancy-symptoms. I haven't had much nausea in a week or so. But I'm still really thirsty (just like last time). Yesterday I was ravenously hungry all day long. This is not normal for me at all. Typically I forget to eat until it gets to be dinner time. Most crushingly, I'm utterly exhausted all the time. Not that this is so different from the normal me, but the normal me can push through the tiredness. Pregnant me cannot. This is particularly troublesome because of the aforementioned three year old foster son.

I have a couple things I'd like to write about, but I haven't the time right now. This is a rather useless post, isn't it? Oh well.

5 comments:

Watson said...

Hey there - good luck tomorow at your scan!

I hope you get wonderful news!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Not a useless post at all. Does exactly what it should - let us all know what's up at the moment.

Good luck with tomorrow's scan. Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Best of luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's 9:15 now.

From what I understand, the baby aspirin is thought to be more potentially useful for a couple of reasons than potentially harmful.

What other vitamins/supplements are you taking at this point?

I am sure you acted in a manner that put your friend at ease as much as was possible, given the situation.

Kellie with an "ie" said...

I'll be checking back hoping for good news from your appointment today. Best wishes!