Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A quick update

In deference to Watson who has lovingly (I hope) complained that I haven't updated since Saturday re: my status as a possible pregnant lady, I will provide this short update.

"In short, there is nothing new to report."

Ahem. Just kidding. I did take another pregnancy test on Sunday and it was a very obvious, fairly dark test line. At 11 days post IUI, I find that a little hard to believe and a so-called-"friend" of mine had the nerve to suggest that maybe I've got triplets a-brewin' inside of me. ACK! After I threatened her within an inch of her life, she revised her assessment to "well, maybe it's just twins." AHEM. Hello? One would be just fine this time around, thankyouverymuch!

So, God? I know we don't talk much lately, but if you were listening the other day when M suggested triplets? Could you just ignore that?

Moving right along. I have a beta scheduled for tomorrow morning. I don't expect this will tell me much other than "yes, you're ever so slightly pregnant." I expect that the follow up on Friday will be more telling about whether I'm actually going to stay this way.

Normally I wouldn't even believe that tomorrow's beta would be positive, except that holy hell am I symptomatic! I am dizzy and nauseated and OH-DEAR-HEAVENS-THE-FATIGUE-IS-KILLING-ME! I have the thirst of a thousand dehydrated maidens. And holy heck, I am learning REALLY fast how to sleep on my back (ick) because it's like stabbing white-hot pokers in my chest if I try to lie on "the girls" at any time for any reason.

So that's the update. Like I said, nothing terribly interesting to report. I still don't think it will last, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but for the moment, I'm cautiously considering myself pregnant. Which is to say that while my head is SCREAMING for Aleve, my pharmacist husband has convinced me that right now it's all about Tylenol, damn him. Jerk. I think he just likes seeing me suffer. Or maybe not, because when I'm suffering, I treat him terribly. Poor guy. Hey! I went from calling him a jerk to feeling sorry for the jerk in about 4 seconds flat! How does he DO that to me???

2 comments:

Watson said...

YAY!

An update!
And yes, I did complain 'lovingly' because I'm sure many of us were out here, going "wellllll? what the hell??" and I'm just a woman of the people, if nothing else.

But I have to say: another, darker line DOES seem like something to report and I know you don't want to get your hopes up but can I get my hopes up for you???

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for updating!

I had been beginning to think we wouldn't hear anything more until Thursday. (I had recalled your having written that the beta was scheduled for March 1, even though tomorrow seems to make more sense.)

I so hope you get to continue considering yourself pregnant. I hope you get to consider yourself such for, oh, say, nine months or so! I expect the cautiously part would last.

Good pregnancy news sure would make for a joyful Adar!