Tuesday, February 27, 2007

In case you were beginning to think I was remotely sane...

Here's proof that I'm not sane. Not even a little bit.

Being as how I'm a pee-stick addict, I was suddenly gripped with fear that the nausea and fatigue, etc. was all in my head. In fact, thought I, maybe I don't even still have symptoms. Maybe they're all gone! Maybe this is all a dream! Aaaah!

So of course, being the calm, sensible person that I am, I calmly decided to wait until tomorrow's beta for some confirmation. Or, um, it's possible that I ran immediately out to the drugstore to purchase a new three-pack of HPTs. You know, one or the other.

Anyway, there's still another line, so cool, right?

Ahem. Anyway, this is the second time I've gotten completely surprising pregnancy news. My last, short-lived, pregnancy caught me completely surprise because I only had a beta done because I thought my period had started and it was time for a new cycle. Yeah. So, TWICE I've been surprised by a pregnancy after an IUI, which is completely ridiculous, since that ought to be when I'm expecting it. I am a complete freak.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still keeping things crossed for you, Karen.

I hope tomorrow's beta comes in with stellar numbers.

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!!!
Between the line and all the symptoms...i'm keeping it all crossed! Can't wait to hear the beta results!
peace
shlomit

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!!!
Between the line and all the symptoms...i'm keeping it all crossed! Can't wait to hear the beta results!
peace
shlomit

Kris said...

Sorry not to have commented sooner... Congratulations!

Oh, and you are no more a freak than the rest of us!

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that you are a person trying to protect her emotions, not a freak.

May tomorrow's appointment bring happy, embraceable news.

Baby Blues said...

Cautiously optimistic! I can't wait! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Don't worry, IF makes us freaky. :-)

Thalia said...

It's lovely news, and very good sign that all those sticks are still looking pregnant. Can't wait to hear the beta number!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.