Thursday, February 15, 2007

2ww?

Baby Blues mentioned in a comment to my last post that I'm now in the dreaded 2ww. Hey! She's right! The thing that makes this funny is that it never occurred to me that I'm in the 2ww. As far as I'm concerned, the current countdown is from now until April 11th. I suppose it just didn't occur to me that there's anything significant about beta day, except that it means that shortly thereafter I'll start BCPs. Since I have to stay on BCPs until after Passover, I can't start FSH injections until April 11th. That's an 8ww.

Heavens, I'm a seriously jaded individual. When did I become this person who just assumes that beta day is going to be a non-event? Did I ever get excited about the end of the 2ww? Because I really can't remember being excited about it. I suppose the upshot is that I don't get too stressed about the 2ww. The only thing that drives me batty is taking the dreaded provera, which I hate and which makes me feel terrible. Bleh.

At any rate, thank you Baby Blues, for reminding me that there just might be something interesting to look forward to in two weeks. Hah! Hah, I say! But you never know, right? I hear the sixth time's a charm. Or something.

6 comments:

Dr. Grumbles said...

I would love it for you to get an actual payoff on beta day.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the IVF protocol review appointment tomorrow and here's hoping for the pleasant surprise of having it turn out to be unnecessary.

Baby Blues said...

You're still in the game and anything could happen. I know it seems like a tedious non-event, but I'm still hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Erin said...

Sixth's time sounds like the charm to me!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are wrong and you get a wonderful surprise.

Stephanie said...

I hope the 6th time is the charmed one!