Tuesday, January 09, 2007

CD14 - The end is near (I think)

This morning I had follicles at 18.5 and 14.0. Lining was 11.6. I will, in all likelihood, trigger tonight and have an IUI on Thursday. This is about as bad as the timing could get, because S is staffing on Thursday and I feel awful asking him to find someone to cover him, but there's really no way around it. Unless the bloodwork comes back completely contrary, we can't really push it off, so there you are.

I've never had a follicle that big, so this is kind of cool. Still not expecting it to work, but it's still nifty. Will update this entry once I get my hormone levels.

Update: Trigger tonight. No big shock. I didn't even ask what my E2 was. Maybe I should have, but I didn't even think of it until we got off the phone. Poor S.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm finally getting caught up on blogs, and wanted to wish you lots of luck for this IUI--I hope it goes well and that there are good results in a couple of weeks!

Thalia said...

I'm so glad you managed to get to trigger, and they didnt' cancel. If lining and follicles are good, who cares about the e2 level?? Good luck tomorrow.

Ms. Perky said...

Thanks Erin & Thalia. I appreciate your support. I'm not expecting miracles out of this cycle, but I'll be happy to have it done and over with.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking good thoughts for you. May your level-headed expectations be rewarded with the best outcome.

The conflict with work has got me wondering: What actually is the statistical difference in a situation such as yours between an IUI and well-timed intercourse?