Monday, October 30, 2006

Quandary

So I have this envelope full of ultrasound pictures. I have about 10 of them, from various points in the "pregnancy that wasn't." I'm especially attached to the last several... the ones with actual fingers and toes. But I don't know what to do with them. On the one hand, it seems morbid to keep them. On the other hand, it seems disingenuous to get rid of them. Is there some reason I should NOT acknowledge that I had that experience? That I was pregnant and then I wasn't? Getting rid of them seems like I'm trying to pretend it never happened.

So I'm feeling like I should just keep them in their little envelope in my big ol' fertility files. But maybe I'm just being morbid. What would you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I would keep them. You can always get rid of them later, if you decide that you are OK with that. But if you throw them away and someday wish you hadn't, you're going to be very sad about it.

I hope your beta comes down quickly and you can start that four-week countdown. It is supremely frustrating to feel like everything revolves around your reproductive system.

--Erin, www.pcosbaby.typepad.com