Monday, December 17, 2007

Some Notes

  • Ellie has my cold. She's got a sad little cough that goes along with her stuffy nose. Poor baby. I feel really badly for her.
  • The babies all have very distinct personalities, which is astounding. It's like I've got my own little sociology experiment here, since I've got three babies all growing up in the same house. It's difficult not to label them with positive or negative characteristics. I would hate to have them end up with self-fulfilling prophecies (e.g. "Oh s/he's the fussy one" or "s/he's the smart one" etc.)
  • I have to go back to work in five weeks. I interviewed for a job last Wednesday and was offered the job on the spot. I'm very depressed about going back to work, but if I have to go back at all, this is a great opportunity. Sigh.
  • We're coping pretty well, but I find it very difficult to find computer time these days. I haven't forgotten about any of you!
  • I have lots more to say, but it's time for bed before the next feeding cycle begins again. Le Sigh.

6 comments:

Rachel Inbar said...

I was wondering how Super-Mom was doing :-)

Glad to hear you got a good job offer. I'm sure it will be very healthy for you to have some time to do grown-up things too.

Meghan said...

Congrats on the job offer!

And sorry Ellie has a cold, poor thing

littleangelkisses said...

Sorry that Ellie has a cold!

I was wondering about you.

Can I ask how you'll handle daycare? I'm curious as to how moms of multiple handle this...

Marie-Baguette said...

I am sorry but I have to ask: who is going to take care of Les Triplets? I am thinking of you. Going back to work is both great for your sanity but heartbreaking. Are you going to be working on a part time basis? Are you going to continue pumping?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying hello!

I'm sorry you and Ellie have the sniffles. Refuah shleimah to both of you.

Good for you for being mindful about the labeling issue. It's a natural thing to do, but it is important to work against doing so.

It stinks that you have to go back to work, but it's good that you don't have to go to an awful job.

I read an interesting post today at http://orthomom.blogspot.com/2007/11/go-directly-to-ivf-do-not-pass-go.html and thought of you.

Laura McIntyre said...

Sorry poor Ellie has the sniffles, hope everyone else avoids it and she is well for Christmas.