Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Quick Update

I never really finished saying how things ended up over the weekend. Sunday morning I was still over threshold (7 contractions), so the doctor raised my threshold to 8 contractions "allowed" in an hour and called in Indocin (indomethacin), which is an NSAID that is used as a tocolytic. That combined with the two increases to my terbutaline (basal and bolus rates) over the weekend have calmed down the total number of contractions I'm getting, though the intensity of the contractions continues to escalate.

I have a doctor's appointment in about an hour, so we'll see if things still look stable. If they do, I imagine I'll be allowed to stay home for a while. If not, I don't know what's in store. My guess is that everything is still stable and that my body is just screwing with me.

I'm really starting to feel nervous. I'm not really worried that anything is really going wrong. I think it's fair to say that even if something was going wrong, it's out of my hands. ButI feel so utterly out of control and that feeling isn't pleasant. I know at least part of it is that the terbutaline makes my heart pound which simulates that nervous feeling in the first place, because the nervousness is definitely worse when it's close to or during a terbutaline auto-dose. FUN!

Anywhozit, I'll try to remember to post after my doctor's appointment today.

9 comments:

squarepeg said...

Good luck today! I hope you are able to stay home a while longer, and that your little ones are doing well!

Shelby said...

Good luck!!! I'm hoping for no hospital stay any time soon!!!

Anonymous said...

It might be out of your hands, but you are doing everything you possibly can. I hope the appointment went well.

pam said...

I hope the appointment only brings you good news!

Meghan said...

Good luck! I hope you can stay at home

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed that you can still stay home. Best of luck today!

LJ said...

How'd it go today?

I hope you are home right now!

Cindy said...

GOOD LUCK!

Erin said...

How was the appointment? I hope you're just busy with family and not in the hospital right now! Little ones, your mama needs to be able to keep you in as long as possible!