Thursday, May 03, 2007

So far, So good

I'm under the wire with a deadline, so no time for much elaboration... but the Nuchal Translucency measurements were perfect. All three hovered at exactly the middle of the range of normal. They are all growing appropriately. Baby C is still the smallest, but is still growing at the same rate, so might just be genetically predisposed to being short (like me!). Baby A still has a placenta previa, the little troublemaker. Baby C didn't entirely want to cooperate. Those two are definitely related to their father, the difficult little monsters. Baby B was perfect and showed off and got right into position to get a clear NT measurement, gave a little wave, totally cooperated. Obviously, Baby B takes after his mother.

Heartbeats were all great: 151, 157, and 161.

They measured between 12w6d and 13w1d. I'm currently 13w1d, so that's perfect. Baby C has consistently measured exactly 2 days behind the others, so it's all good. Since the NT measurements were all perfect and they're all growing, I opted against the CVS. The Dr. agreed that there weren't any major red-flags to make him think I should seriously consider the CVS.

I asked whether I was being a big baby about thinking I'm not going to make it to 20 weeks still working and the doctor (Dr. G.) said absolutely not. They prefer that in the absence of objective findings that force bedrest that patients lead the way on what activity level is safe. They would prefer that patients NOT try to "push through" the stress or pain or discomfort. So, if in a couple weeks I feel like I can't do it anymore, they'll do whatever they need to to get me set up with the forms I'll need to go on disability. He did get a little jumpy at the idea of me staying home with a 3 1/2 year old, but I explained that I'd given up on "actually parenting" my children, and that I'm allowing "someone else to raise my children" so he's in daycare full time, and we wouldn't pull him out if I were out on bedrest. He breathed a sigh of relief.

There's probably more, but I've got a deadline and a meeting soon. I hope you're all well!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jody said...

Hey, you've arrived -- blog comment spam!

:-)

Congratulations, that is GREAT news.

In my experience, these are about the last weeks when you can see all of each baby in the scans. From here on out, there going to be crowding each other too much to get full views.

For our 22 week scan, the only print-worthy image we got of Gemma was a foot. LOL. At 31 weeks, we managed a shot of Wilder's eyes -- peaking between two bottoms. Hysterical.

Take care, and don't push yourself!

Twisted Ovaries said...

Wow. I have so wanted to Enjoy Brazil, too.

Congrats on a perfect NT. It's a little slice of peace of mind that you deserve!

Suzanne said...

yay! so glad that your little ones are doing great!

Erin said...

Whew, that's a big step to have behind you! It sounds like your babies are doing wonderfully--and how nice that Baby B takes after you already! During pregnancy, I though P would be as stubborn as I am. Here we are, he's 3 1/2, and he's...as stubborn as I am. You may be exactly right with their personalities!

Watson said...

Congrats,

What great news...PHEW!!!

And I hope everything continues to go so well

:-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds good!

Anonymous said...

fathers???

megan said...

glad to hear that the NT measurements are good! great news! also glad that your doc is supporting you by listening to how you are feeling and helping you with your paperwork. you need to listen to your body first and foremost!

Anonymous said...

Great news!

Ms. Perky said...

Anonymous... er, yeah. I mean father. Singular, of course. I've changed the post. Whoopsie!

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT news! I'm thrilled for you and am keeping my fingers crossed for a safe, uneventual pregnancy (as much as a triplet pregnancy can be). You know I don't live very far from you, so let me know if you need anything. Congratulations!!

Chris said...

Fantastic!! Yay babies!

Casey's trio said...

I had to stop by and say hello. I found you through Suzanne's blog. Unfortunately, I am not the poster child for the ideal triplet pregnancy (if there is such a thing) since I delivered at 25 weeks, but I wanted to let you know I will be praying for you and your family. I am a working mom and reading your earlier post about the shock and horror you received re: going back to work made my blood boil. I find that going to work is most often a much needed break that makes me appreciate the family I come home to so much more. It's not easy, but hey, parenting in general isn't easy! I was happy to read that you encountered a Peri who took his time with you and answered all of your questions.

I will be checking back for updates:)

Casey in CA

Unknown said...

Everything sounds perfect! That is fantastic, Karen.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Yay! I'm glad everything went well with the test. Huge sigh of relief. And he's right--don't push yourself. Your job is to grow the babies--not prove anything. And growing three babies is a HUGE job. More important and stressful than even being President. So there.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Congrats on the positive news! Sounds like you have 3 healthy fetuses in there!

Baby Blues said...

Wonderful news! Go Babies. Be good little ones and behave.

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I've been lurking for a few months and just now decided I'd like to post, since a triplet pregnancy seems like an enormous burden and you seem to be handling it in a stellar way!
I'm glad for you that the NT scan showed beautiful, healthy babies. Looking forward to more good things in the future. Just wanted to say hello.

Carol said...

wonderful news, so glad to hear that they are all doing well.