Sunday, May 27, 2007

Perspective

The bad news is that I have an unbelievably awful ear infection. But the good news is that this is sure keeping my mind off of the migraine situation. See? It's all about perspective.

My poor husband woke up to me sobbing in pain last night. I'm sure he thought I was in labor or something. Rather than horror at my obvious pain level, I'm certain what he felt instead was relief that it was "just" my ear. See? Perspective.

Speaking of perspective, please go give some love to Suzanne. Sometimes when I'm feeling yucky, or having contractions, or trying to figure out the logistics of caring for three tiny babies, I think of Suzanne. Every morning I wake up thankful that I have triplets and not quadruplets. Not because quadruplets are not a blessing, but because I'm not certain I could handle the trials of the pregnancy with the grace that Suzanne has. Yes, Suzanne is pregnancy with quadruplets and just had to have a cerclage performed. I know with triplets, I'm not immune to the possibility of a cerclage in my future, but I remain hopeful. Suzanne has the best possible attitude, but I also know she's going through a very scary time. She's almost 21 weeks, so she's still got a few weeks that she simply must hang on to those babies and that's very, very frightening. So if you're feeling loveable... go give Suz some love. Because, really? It's all about perspective.

6 comments:

Leah Goodman said...

Hope your ears feel better soon... Maybe if the ears are all better, the migraines will be less?! Oh well, we can pray...

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Oy--I hope the ear infection goes away soon. It's amazing what perspective can do :-) And I went over and gave Suz love--on your orders.

Suzanne said...

you are so sweet...thank you so much for the kind words and thoughts! now if we can only get YOU some relief with those stupid migraines! JEEZ. hang in there and i hope you get some sort of relief with the meds.

Jo said...

ACK.. ear infections are nasty.. I hope it all clears up soon for you! I will have to try snorting pepper to see if that helps as well. : )

Cerclage will be a peace of cake after having migraines. Had to have 2 done (first one fell out.. baby was born with it on his stomach) and the peace of mind it can give you helps.

You are such a wonderful, strong an very giving person. You actually bring tears to my eyes with your posts.

Dr. Grumbles said...

I really want you to feel better soon! Enough, already! A triplet pregnancy has to be tough enough without migraines and earaches.

Thinking of you, and going over to check on Suzanne...

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Wow, talk about perspective! You yourself are doing a great job with your attitude. But I think it's good & right that we ALL remember Suz and all she's going through. Seriously, when I read it was just clomid that gave her quads I was shocked! I was never told/aware that was a risk. Anyway, I think and pray for her a lot, she's definitely got to get through more weeks for those babies.

Thanks for stoppin by the blog again. Pregnancy announcements used to kill me, I guess I've just "moved on" for better or worse! Except when it's a fellow IF'er - that just gives me hope!