Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Fun Just Keeps on Coming!

I know you all figured I wouldn't post again until after my beta results came in tomorrow. But here I am! I'm Posty McPostalot these days, it seems.

So even though I made it through three months of pregnancy in which I was bleeding for nearly the entire time (minus a day or two here or there), I still have it in my head that bleeding during pregnancy = bad news. Particularly when coupled with cramping.

And so, here I am, fully aware that it could be nothing. Fully aware that if something is wrong, there's nothing they can do about it anyway. Fully aware that if I called my nurse all she would say is that I should still plan to come in tomorrow for my repeat beta. Either it will be fine or it won't be.And you know? I am in a bit of pain right now and have NO DRUGS I CAN TAKE for it. So while I'm sitting here fairly calm, relatively collected... I'm Cranky McCrankmonster right now.

Oh, on the plus side, it seems that the last pregnancy wasn't a fluke (I lost about 15 pounds when I was pregnant before), I have lost two pounds in a week. Not by trying, or anything. It just seems to be the way my body is wired.

UPDATE: I did email my nurse, but I don't expect to hear anything other than "come in for you beta in the morning." Meanwhile the bleeding and cramping have worsened enough that I'm fairly certain that this is not going to end with the protagonist living happily ever after in November. Meh. You win some, you lose some, right?

2 comments:

Dr. Grumbles said...

Darn. I want to hang on to hope for you! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this but you never know. As you said you bleed most of the last pregnancy. I hope all will be well for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.